5.24.2007

Matthew-isms

I don't have time to post any pictures (I have two screaming girls) but here's a couple quotes.

Matt, Gabe and I were in the basement playing. Matt and I were hitting each other with noodles (for the pool) and I stopped to play with Gabe for a little bit. Matt came up and hit me with a drumstick (that hurt!), so I took it away from him and threw it in the closet so he couldn't get it. Matt started crying because he wanted to hit me with it. I told him that it hurt because it was harder than the noodle. I said he could hit me with soft things, but that's just too hard. So he says between his sobs, "Can I hit you with a teddy bear?" (When I say 'hit' I mean 'hit' in the play sense of the word, not maliciously.)

******

My mom took the boys to the library the other day for the book reading. It was the Winnie the Pooh theme. They had a "Who Am I" type book with a door knocker. The reader was giving the hints to the kids asking them who they thought Pooh was going to visit. She says, "This friend lives high in a tree, ... etc. Who is Pooh going to visit?" Matthew screams out, "PAUL SIMON!"

******

We were having dinner and Matt saw a car driving on our street and turning around (we live at the end of a cul de sac). He says, "They are going to wrong way." I asked him what he meant and he says, "If you don't like to go the right way you go the wrong way." I thought that was pretty profound.


That's all I can think of for now. More will come, I'm sure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All right Matt! If there is anyone I'd like to visit Paul Simon would be on the top ten!

Anonymous said...

Sorry anonymous is Grammy Kate