5.10.2007

Books and Babies

Sophia sleeping
Anna with a scowlI tried getting them holding hands ... they kept moving too much and this is the best I could do. They are putting on a bit more weight, although Anna still seems so small to me. Sophia is definately growing. Their looks are changing again and I think Anna's starting to look more like me and Sophia is kinda a mix between Gabe and Matthew. My opinion will probably change again within the next few days.

We've recently imposed a 'no more movies' rule because the boys were WAY too obsessed with movies. (The first thing they would do in the morning was ask to watch one and then it would continue throughout the day.) They haven't watched anything for almost a week and guess what they love doing now .... reading! Matt's always loved books, but Gabe hasn't been too interested in them until now. He has a new found love. Especially for snake books.In this picture Matt was reading to Gabe. It's funny listening to what he thinks the book is saying. We have one book about dangerous animals where it talks about Chinese eating shark fins in soups and how it's a delicacy. Matt was reading and said, "The Chinese kids eat the dorsal fins of the sharks."


Matt has a Finding Nemo sippy cup with pictures of the sharks on it and he was staring at it for a while as if contemplating something. Then asks me, "Mom, why are the hammerhead shark's eyes on the hammer?"



Gabe's starting to communicate more although a lot of the words sound very similar so it's hard to differentiate. He gets frustrated because he has to repeat himself several times before we get what he's saying. He's improving though, thankfully!
Matthew got a new bike last night and had lots of fun riding it around. It's a bit too big for him, but he can reach the pedals just enough to get going and now he's got brakes, which he loves. I'll get some pictures up of his bike soon.
Well, TTFN! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos Kathryn, Really! Sophia does look much bigger than Anna I can see it in their arms especially. Anna looks lighter skinned as well, is she?
Gabe and Matthew look like they get along so well together. I thought they did when we were there. I'm sure they have their moments. Gabe is looking so grown up! Last time I saw him he only had two teeth on the bottom and his hair is getting long. Sure do miss you all. I'll have to give you a call. Is there a good time to call?
Keep the photo's coming (I only look for them 4 or 5 times a day!)
Love You
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Kathryn,
They are adorable - all four of them! You are my hero - I can not imagine a pregnancy with twins. I hope you have lots of help and are enjoying being pampered! I bet getting rest is difficult. Is either one sleeping through the night yet?
I am just now getting to the state of uncomfortableness (if that is a word) that makes me almost look forward to labor. LOL
I still haven't prepared - or begun nesting....

Much Love,

Dee Dee

Jen said...

Good rule...we have imposed that many times and it amazes me that they often times pick up a book or build with lego, blocks, wood, etc. One day they made a stool and painted it on their own. ;) They stretch their minds. Our problem isn't tv so much (now) as it is computer games and the ps2. The girls are growing and so are the boys! They are all so very beautiful. Love ya, Jen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos and the good writing about the kids Kathryn. It is fun to see what they are up to. It is almost like being with your family.
You and Ben must get a lot of laughs from those darling kids. We miss you and want to see them and you in person. Travel is probably not in your plans right now though. The setting and the green around where you live is amazing.
I look forward to what you will post in the future.
Love,
Sylvia