10.29.2005

no take a nap, mama


Today Matthew didn't get a nap ... I put him down for one, but he kept calling for me and stayed awake the whole time. So, tonight during family worship he was REALLY tired! He wanted to lay down the whole time. (Before I put him to bed every night we sing Psalm 117, so when he hears that Psalm he thinks he needs to take a nap.) We sang Psalm 117 and after he sang the first line he says, "No take a nap, mama." Then started signing again ... When we were praying he fell asleep and so I had to get him to brush his teeth before I put him to bed. He partially woke up when I gave him the toothbrush, chewed on it a couple times, said, "no take a nap" again, started twirling his hair and fell back asleep. Then I went to put him into bed and he woke up enough to say he wanted "Unca Scar" (a toy from Lion King) and then passed out again. We captured the moment in the pic as best as we could.Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You try and brush his teeth?! You're good. I can't tell you how many times our kids have gone to bed without brushing their teeth! I'll take them to the dentist and they'll have ten million cavities. :)

Jody said...

Haha, cute story. :D