8.04.2007

Quick Update

(Anna in a really cute dress. :p)
Well, I know it's been awhile! Not much time to get on the computer when you're taking care of 4 kids, a home and working four days a week. (That's my excuse. hehe)
Sophia
My grandpa passed away two weeks ago -- he was suffering from the chemo treatments he was getting for his colon cancer. It was the day after his 84th birthday. What happened was Saturday while at work, I got a call from Ben saying that my gpa was failing and we were going to be leaving as soon as I got home. So, I left early from work, got home and packed. We (my family and mom) left around 6pm-ish. Got to Nappanee, IN around 1am and went to bed. At 4am my Aunt Deb knocked on our hotel room door to tell us that grandpa had died. So, my mom went over to the house. We stayed till Monday visiting and getting things in order for the funeral. Tuesday and Wednesday was filled with getting unpacked, repacked, and getting the cars ready for the next trip. Thursday morning we left for Bremen again. The wake was Friday, funeral Saturday and then we drove back home Sunday. Needless to say, it's been an exhausting, emotionally and physically two weeks! I'm thankful that my gpa believed in the Lord and that he's out of pain!

Me and a co-worker, Emily, at a Cardinals game.


Matt and Gabe in their 'ship' in the kiddie pool.

Caps, caps for sale, 50 cents a cap!
Anna discovered her hands.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new pictures Kathryn I was really missing the updates. Anna looks so much bigger! I love the photo of Matt with all the hats!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

I also wanted to say how sorry I was to hear of your Grandfather's passing. So sad. Speaking to your Mom the other night she had said how much it meant to him to have all his family together last year for the reunion. It's good that you'll have those memories to be able to look back to.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

you need scarlet stitch dresses for the girls. :D
-Shawn